Everyone loves pizza, and sure all those chain restaurants that serve it can be good once in a while, however, I think that nothing beats a good homemade pizza. Healthier and delicious! Given this, I am here today to share with you my go-to recipe for pizza dough! Never again will you miss out on a good slice of gooey goodness.
In my house, we like reserving a day of the week to cook a big delicious dinner, and pizza was the recipe we chose last week. I always give extra attention to the dough, as it is in my opinion, what makes or breaks a pizza recipe.
I love making pizza for a big group of people, and in my house we love making pizza for birthday parties or for when the whole family gets together! However… it’s such an easy recipe I sometimes make a itty bitty pizza just for myself.
I prefer making my own tomato sauce as well (let me know if you need a recipe!) and I always go for pepperoni topping. But you can change it up all you want with this base recipe I’ll share with you.
5 cups of flour (Pizza flour if you can find it!)
1 glass of hot water
1 cube of yeast
1 handful of salt
1 cup of milk
Serves: At least 4 people. You can cut the ingredients or add more of each to change it up!
Step By Step
1. In a bowl, add your flour. Leave a whole in the middle where you will add the hot water plus the yeast (let it melt). Add the salt as well.
2. Start mixing it all together. Add the egg and the milk and mix again until smooth.
3. Now sprinkle your work surface with flour and tip the dough onto the surface. Knead the dough until it’s all smooth and elastic (no longer sticky). Might take up to 5 minutes.
4. After the dough is done, transfer it to a bowl and put some olive oil on top. Leave the dough to rise for at least 30 minutes. I prefer to wait 1 hour!
5. After the dough has risen, you can again transfer it to your work surface and start spreading it to your liking! I use both square and round forms.
6. Add your base and ingredients!
7. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/340ºF. Once the pizza is ready to go, let it cook in the oven for around 20 minutes. Leave it longer if you prefer crunchy, or less if you prefer soft.
Hope you enjoy!